Header Ads

English Language - Introducing Yourself- English Lecture-1

Subject: English

Subject Code: HUM 4101
Topic:English Language and Introducing Yourself
Lecturer: Md. Arif Moinuddin Chy

English language

 
Introducing Yourself

Discuss the following questions with person next to you:

1.When you meet someone, do you tell your name?

2.Do you say Hi/ Hello to them?

3.Do you shake hands?
Introducing Sam and Fiona
1: Hello, I’m SAM
2: Hi, Sam! I’m Fiona. (hold out hand to shake)


3: Nice to meet you, Fiona.


4: Nice to meet you, too.
Conversation…
S:  Hello, I’m Sam
F:  Hi, Sam! I’m Fiona. (hold out hand to shake)
S:  Nice to meet you, Fiona.
F:  Nice to meet you, too.
S:  Where are you from?
F:  I’m from London. And you?
S:  I’m from Brighton.
F:…..
S:….
Talk about Yourself
your name                  
your address
place of birth
Your age
subject and institution/ University
your likes
Your dislikes
your hobby
your friends
My favorite things
Your family members


your future plan


Where is the School?  
Answer: ?  


W H Questions
Meaning
Examples
who
person
Who's that? That's Nancy.
where
place
Where do you live? In Dhaka.
why
reason
Why do you sleep early? Because I have to get up early.
when
time
When do you go to work? At 7:00.
how
manner
How do you go? By car
what
object, idea or action
What do you do? I am an engineer.
which
choice
Which one do you prefer? The red one.
whose
possession
Whose is this book? It's Alan's.
whom
object of the verb
Whom did you meet? I met the manager.
what kind
description
What kind of music do you like? I like quiet songs.


what time
time
What time did you come home?
how many
quantity (countable)
How many students are there? There are twenty.
how much
amount, price (uncountable)
How much time have we got? Ten minutes.
how long
duration, length
How long did you stay in that hotel? For two weeks.
how often
frequency
How often do you go to the gym? Twice a week.
how far
distance
How far is your school? It's one mile far.
how old
age
How old are you? I'm 16.
how come
reason
How come I didn't see you at the party?

WH Question, an example…
You live in Chittagong.
     Do you live in Chittagong?
                         --- Yes, I live in Chittagong.
                         --- No, I don’t live in Chittagong.
You live in Chittagong.
     Where do you live? [ asking for place]
                          --- I live in Chittagong.
You say like this…
That means….
My name is/ I’m …
I’m from… and I live in…
I was born in…
I’m …. Years old..                                                    
I study…. at…
I like….because
I don’t like…
In my off time / free time, I like to…
My best friends are…
My favorite uni subject, actor, sport is….
I have …. Brothers and sisters.             
In the future, I’d like to…
your name                  
your address
place of birth
Your age
subject and institution/ University
your likes
your dislikes
your hobby
your friends
My favorite uni subject, actor, sport is….
Your family members
your future plan

Thank you. Don't for get to follow this blog and download this lecture. 

No comments

Powered by Blogger.